Whenever I need inspiration to keep my gratitude practice going, I turn to beautiful quotes like these. They always lift my spirits and remind me of how powerful and life changing the daily practice of gratitude is.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do...
10 Inspirational Quotes About the Power of Gratitude
1. "Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude."
2. "The litmus test for self-realization is a constant state of gratitude. This gratitude is not something you can look for or find. It comes from another direction, and takes you over completely. It's so vast that it can't be dimmed, or overlaid.
"The short version would be 'mind in love with itself.' It's the total acceptance and consumption of itself reflected back at the same moment in the central place that is like fusion. When you live from that place of gratitude, you've come home."
Author of Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life *One of my all-time favorite self-help books!*
3. "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
4. "Perhaps nothing helps us make the movement from our little selves to a larger world than remembering God in gratitude. Such a perspective puts God in view in all of life, not just in the moments we set aside for worship or spiritual disciplines. Not just in the moments when life seems easy."
5. You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: The more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given to you."
-Sarah Ban Breathnach
Author of the Simple Abundance Series
6. "The more you use gratitude every day, the greater the good you will bring into your life. It is all you have to do to completely transform your life in every single area, and on every single subject.
There are no limits to the good you can bring forth to you, and by practicing gratitude daily, you will increase and maximize your magnetic power to attract a life beyond your wildest dreams."
Author of The Secret
7. "When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in."
8. "The moment one is capable of feeling grateful for both pain and pleasure, without any distinction, without any choice, simply feeing grateful for whatsoever is given....because if it is given by God, it must have a reason in in.
"We may like it, we may not like it, but it must be needed for our growth. Winter and summer are both needed for growth. Once this idea settles in the heart, then each moment of life is gratitude.
"Let this become your meditation and prayer; thank God every moment - for laughter, for tears, for everything. Then you will see a silence arising in your heart that you have not known before. That is bliss."
9. Every good deed done to others is a great force that starts an unending pulsation through time and eternity. We may not know it, we may never hear a word of gratitude or of recognition, but it will all come back to us in some form as naturally, as perfectly, as inevitable, as echo answers to sound.
Perhaps not as we expect it, how we expect it, nor where, but sometime, somehow, somewhere, it comes back, as the dove that Noah sent from the Ark returned with its green leaf of revelation.
Let us conceive of gratitude in its largest, most beautiful sense, that if we receive any kindness we are debtor, not merely to one person, but to the whole world."
-William George Jordan
Author of The Power of Purpose
10. "To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch heaven."